Saturday, September 13, 2008

Making Landfall

The storm has made landfall in Galveston. The reporters are outside and making observations as the eye passes over.

Where I'm at the wind is starting to gust. The rain is swirling and the wind is whipping the rain occasionally against my window.

For the first time I look outside and don't see any cars on the road. Only car I saw is the security car driving around in the Galleria parking lot. I just saw a tank truck drive by. He's headed the south down the loop. I presume by that direction he's headed south to be ready to unload fuel.

The storm should be out of the metro area by my estimate at around 7 or 8 a.m. Not that I know what I'm talking about. Looking at the weather report, where I'm at still hasn't got hit with the worst. However the wind is picking up and the rain has gone from blowing diagonal to horizontal.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to be up. I may sleep through the eye and just read the reports in the morning.

The news just showed Clear Lake and it's taking a beating. Nothing like what is going on here in the Galleria. But that part of the storm is headed this way. Laporte is reporting 90 mph gusts. Nice. Just depends where next spiral is when it passes through my area.

I may post one more before I zonk out.

No comments: