Friday, May 16, 2008

Samar Saed Abdullah

This time last year there were articles and news stories about Samar Saed Abdullah awaiting execution in Iraq. Now that a year has passed, I've been looking for any news of Abdullah's fate.

She's awaiting execution for murdering three relatives. She had a one day trial and she claims her confessions were coerced under torture. Execution day in Iraq is Wednesday. Every Wednesday the condemned are called out of their cells and taken to the gallows. A prisoner never knows in advance if they will go to the gallows that Wednesday.

As for Abdullah, I cannot find any information on her ever since her story broke last year. I find it sad that for one day or week news agencies were reporting on her fate but there has no follow up since. I've scoured the net for information and nothing has come up. I don't know if she's alive or been taken to the gallows.

A website that existed about her case is in gone. The online petition to save her life is gone. Did she go quietly to the gallows? I can't find any information to her fate.

I've contacted Amnesty International for information about her. Hopefully I'll get a response.

2 comments:

Alshaibi - Gladney said...

Did you find any information? I have been looking too.

iraq-muscle-and-fitness said...

CNN will release an update to Samer story today.

Check CNN website this evening.

Cheers