Sunday, August 8, 2010

Naomi Campbell's Soul-less Existence

The self absorbed, self centered, don't give a fuck attitude of some people boggles the mind. Some people have no regard for loss of life, mutilation and atrocities inflicted. The only thing that matters is the world revolving around them.

I'm talking about Naomi Campbell who is perhaps one of the ugliest so called "super models" ever to walk the earth. I'm not even talking about her physical appearance. I refer to the dark cold spot that resides where most people have hearts.

Campbell was forced to testify against her will in the trial of Liberian Charles Taylor who stands accused of crimes against humanity. Taylor allegedly trafficked in blood diamonds and proceeds were used to fund war in Sierra Leone.

Thousands were killed, displaced, raped, mutilated and separated from families in the war.

Campbell's cold empty place in her chest showed during her testimony. To quote her directly according to the Houston Chronicle article:
I was made to be here. So obviously, I’m just, like, wanting to get this
over with and get on with my life,” Campbell said. “This is a big
inconvenience for me.

A big inconvenience for her? Just wants to get on with her life? Talk about self centered and thinking the world is only about yourself.

If it's a big inconvenience for her I wonder what it is for all the people displaced, hurt or killed on the war? She think there was a picnic going on in Sierra Leone? Poor thing just wants to get on with her life. Unfortunately there are many dead in Sierra Leone who can't say the same. Maybe someone should drag Campbell kicking and screaming to the war sites. Force her to visit with mutilated victims. See the children harmed and made orphans.

Someone should show Naomi Campbell the real world. The glamor ritzy life in only lived by the relatively few. I don't begrudge success. In fact I celebrate success. What I hate is the self centered egotistical idiots like Campbell. I really believe she thinks the whole deal is trivial. No Campbell, this isn't a trivial exercise. People died. Sorry your little life had to be shattered to try and help achieve justice.

No comments: